Colwell Cedars Retreat
~ merging awareness, creativity, and nature ~
Teaching Fees at Colwell Cedars for 1 to 5 students
• $30 per hour; or,
• $65 for a 3-hour session.
Multi-day classes for 3 to 5 students:
($100 deposit per student required for multi-day classes)
• 12-hours teaching time. $250 per student. Two consecutive 6-hour days, or three consecutive 4-hour days.
• 18-hours teaching time. $325 per student. Four consecutive 6-hour days.
Art Assessment Sessions
• $5 per artist for up to three works during each session.
Judging and Jurying
• Since 1989, Katherine has judged and juried art exhibits, from small rural county fairs to multi-media national exhibits. Please inquire about availability for your schedule.
• Upon receipt of the fee or deposit, students are sent a list of questions in order to learn about students’ goals and current skills and knowledge. Katherine is then able to design the class specifically for the students’ needs.
• Katherine has three lectures/presentations available for your groups’ meetings/programs, and can design others based on the aspect of her work and experience you are interested in. Lecture fee is $100 for up to two hours.
* Connecting Threads: Art and needlework from traditional to contemporary.
* Red White and Blue in Three Dimensions: A 22 ft-long artistic journey.
* Artwork Assessment Process: Discovering How Intuition and Logic Enhance Artistic Success.
Please contact us to schedule and design your class, workshop or presentation—for yourself, a small group, or your organization. Katherine looks forward to working with you.
Art Classes at Cedars
• Drawing and Watercolor
• Fiber & Fabric
• Design Fundamentals and Design Processes
• Art Assessment
You are not alone in your search for creative inspiration and techniques.
When you are here your personalized art experiences will awaken your senses and help you rediscover yourself.
Katherine works with students ages 8 to 80+, novice to professional, individually or in small groups, guiding students’ learning in relation to their own artistic or other goals.
Every art process will be filled with Aha! moments you will take to heart and home.
Please stroll through the three small “galleries of details” below to see the possibilities.
Katherine teaches and mentors in these specific areas:
Katherine's extensive educator training in student learning styles equips her in understanding whether and how much each student is an intuitive-right-brain learner or a logical-left-brain learner. She guides intuitive learners to discover the power of learning logical skills to enhance creativity and success of their artworks; and, guides logical learners to discover the power of learning intuitive skills to enhance creativity and success.
Assessing and discovering harmony or disharmony, and balance or imbalance—-in a complete work or in a work-in-progress—- leads to artists’ and students’ mindful assessment during their creative processes.
Sculptor Daphna Russell said of Katherine's Art Assessment presentation for Delta Fine Arts:
“It was a smashing success…our least self-assured artist in the group was dancing around saying ‘I am alright, I am not failing’…….you were superb.”
30048 North Road
Hotchkiss, Colorado, USA.
Copyright © 1996-2017
Colwell Cedars, LLC.
All rights reserved.